Each and every year, the festivities commence for the Rainbow Festival at 12:30 on the second Saturday in June to a large crowd gathered in the beautiful Gondola Meadows in Riverfront Park. It wasn't always this way; the first Pride Parade in 1992 was a couple of people marching on a sidewalk and there was no Festival portion of the event. But today the Festival has become a crowd pleaser, with up to 5,200+ people coming to see the entertainment, booths, beer garden and family area that have become a staple of the Rainbow Festival.
Organizations large and small, national and local join us for our Rainbow Festival every year by getting booth space to advertise their shops, services, advocacy and educational material. Groups ranging from Statewide LGBT organizations like Equal Rights Washington and local youth groups like INMx and Odyssey Youth to local businesses and shops like The Garland Theater, Over the Rainbow Shop and Native Bead Art participate in our festival. We also have a large family area with plenty of activities from face painting to children's bouncy castles and the WSU Raptor Club showing off their beautiful birds.
We invite all of you to come enjoy the fun this year in Gondola Meadows at Riverfront Park (South-West corner of the park by the Bloomsday Running Statues). The Rainbow Festival kicks off immediately after the Parade. Bring your friends, your family and your children! Celebrate our community. There is something for everyone at Pride; be a part of it.
To register your business, group, or organization to have a booth at the Rainbow Festival this year, please CLICK HERE.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with Pride or one of our many events or fundraisers throughout the year, please fill out this Volunteer Application.
2012 Rainbow Festival Booths Were:
- Party Gals
- Human Rights Campaign
- Keep A Weiner Foundation
- Spokane Trans* People
- Over The Rainbow Shop
- Camp Ten Trees
- NARAL Pro-Choice Washington
- The Alliance at SFCC
- Washington United for Marriage
- Peace & Justice Action League of Spokane
- River Day School
- YWCA of Spokane
- Odyssey Youth Center
- Planned Parenthood of Greater Washington and North Idaho
- Pure Romance by Deborah
- Hospice of Spokane
- Lutheran community Services NW
- SGI-USA (Soka Gakkai Intl.)
- Coalition of Responsible Disabled
- Spokane County Democratic Party
- Pride Foundation
- Spokane AIDS Network Prevention
- Envision Spokane
- Spokane Civic Theatre
- AAA Washington
- Smokey's Scents
- Westminster Cong. United Church of Christ
- Inland NW LGBT Center
- Inland Northwest Business Alliance
- PFLAG/Diversity Counceling
- Veradale United Church of Christ
- YFA Connections
- Castle Megastore
- Organizing for America
- EWU Pride Center
- Friends of Jon Snyder
- Bethany Presbyterian Church of Spokane
- Spokane Regional Health District
- WA ST Human Rights Commission
- Friends of Marcus Riccelli
- nYne Bar & Bistro
- Native Bead Art
- National Organization for Women Spokane Area WA Chapter
- Imperial Sovereign Court of Spokane/Irv's Bar
2012 Rainbow Festival Family Area Was:
- Volunteer Check In
- WSU Raptor Club
- 7 Inflatables Bouncies
- PFLAG/Farmers Insuarance Child ID Kits
Pride 2013 was a huge SUCCESS with 6,600 attendees!
We need help from our community-from YOU-to help us cover all of our expenses for the biggest and fastest growing Pride celebration the Inland Northwest has ever seen!
Your tax-deductible support and generosity make it happen.